Friday, May 7, 2010



Even as a small child, I had a desire to travel. Implanted deep in my heart, was an intense desire to go to Africa. It certainly was not the first country I visited outside Australia, Nashville USA being the winner.


In 1996, as I was buying a satellite photo of Australia in a map shop, I saw a large map of the world hanging on the wall. Without thinking, I pointed to it and said loudly, "Don't limit God, give me the world! Wrap it up!"


One year later I bought my first world ticket, circling the globe in 12 weeks. I went to Los Angeles, hopped across the southern states, Texas, New Mexico, then up to North Carolina, and New York. From there across UK, down to South Africa then home again. For the next six years I followed pretty much the same route, adding in France, Nigeria and Namibia.
The friends that I have made, the amazing things I have seen are now etched indelibly in my heart. My life has changed dramatically.


No comments:

Post a Comment